Thursday, May 21, 2009

the Cat Jumped Over the Moon



Today was a great day! Erin and I were board so we decided to pay a long over due visit to the local DI. Where we met Frank the Pumpkin Man. I lof heem. ( And, oh yeah, he was $4!)





We also found (among other things, hehehe) a $7.00 box of Barbies and accessories. Woo Hoo!



But the BIG DEAL today was Lance's Opera! They have been working on this all year! They painted the scenery, they wrote the words to the songs, and they designed their own costumes (mostly). It was fantastic! I bought a cat headband last Halloween because I knew he would be a cat in the opera. It came with a tail.








Then we went for Ice Cream! An old Simmons family tradition.






What cute kids we have!!



It has been weeks since we've seen hide or hair from the kittens. Couldn't hear them or find them or anything. We pretty much assumed they were dead. Then this evening our neighbor was walking by and saw kittens wandering around in the garage and came to tell us! Look what we found!



We are down to 5 instead of 6 but they look healthy! The gray one with the orange on his face is feisty! He/she spit and hissed and clawed at anyone who came close except me. He/she shall be mine. Maybe I'll call him/her Moxey. Now they are enclosed in the back room of the garage. Too cute and fun and cuddly!

3 comments:

marina said...

You do have cute kids!
Marina

Melissa Stubbs said...

Your kids are super cute! Nice costume too! I can't believe the kittens showed back up! How cute are they??

Meg said...

I love all the pictures, the one of Erin is so cute, I love how long her hair is getting and those eyes are beautiful. The boys are adorable too, I love the faces they are making :)