Monday, August 17, 2009

Hogle Zoo


Yes, I know...it's been too long between posts. I really didn't think you'd be interested in seeing us playing on the computer or watching TV. However, this past week or two we did have a few adventures so I'll start posting them now. (Hi Christina!!!)


On the 8th we made the long awaited trip to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. My mom, Lauren and Alex, Christina and my kids and Chad and I all went together.


Erin was a little intimidated by having a real baby in the house. She didn't care for it.

Which reminds me, my littlest sister Allison just had her first child (a boy named (what else?) Ammon) so here's a shout out to her!

So, anywho, I was a little disappointed. The Zoo wasn't very well laid out and the animals were in small 'habitats' and not very happy looking.




The bird show was the second best part of the visit. It was also Chris's first.
She was giddy as a school girl. ;)




Erin and the boys got to give the bird a dollar for the zoo!


The boys aren't quite as big as a male gorilla but they cause just as much trouble.



By far the best part of our visit was this 'little' guy. Can you see him?



Here he is! Only about a week old!

He's trying to eat grass but his neck isn't long enough! So stinkin' cute!!


Because I'm such a nice person I'll spare you the 'tounge up the nose' picture!


What a motely looking group. I was really glad to have so much family around. Thanks for visiting guys!



5 comments:

Chris said...

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE! A new post to the blog!!!!!!

Anita said...

What a nice looking family. Wish they were mine! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH. They are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

FUN fun!!! Glad you decided to grace us with a post :) LOL! (ha-like I can talk! I'll not post for a while and do 10 all at once--I'm not too consistant). It looks like y'all had a good time with fam!!

marina said...

What wrong with the pic of the tongue up the nostril? All part of being a baby giraffe I expect.

Melissa Stubbs said...

Hey guys! I'm finally back on the blogging scene! Cute pictures of the zoo. Sorry it wasn't that great. But, at least you have a zoo relatively close by! I don't even know where the closest zoo is to us. Probably Boston! Anyway, I'm glad y'all are good. We miss y'all!