Tuesday, April 20, 2010

the Desert Mountain Classic

On April 17th, Grey participated in his first karate tournament!


He was in Katas and Self Defense Techniques. Here's a picture of Grey waiting for the ring assignments to be given out (he was a little nervous) and of the trophy table and the Sensai's from USSD studios from Provo to Ogden:




Once his ring was called out all the Yellow belts in his age group gathered.


When it was his turn he gave them his name and dojo and preformed his memorized kata.









The judges deliberated and then called out placements. Grey won 2nd place!!





Then we got to watch others do their thing for awhile. There was sparring and weapons and groups.

 











The kids wandered around and watched.

Grey and Erin:


Grey and Lestet:


Then it was time for Grey's second event: self defense techniques. This group had all level belts.




I have a movie of his last preformance but it won't let me upload it!? He did well but didn't place this time. We were so proud of him!



We got a new patch to sew to his uniform. Two Knuckle Punch of Fire!!!!


We had a lot of fun!


This is what he did when I asked him to smile...sigh.



5 comments:

Meg said...

Yay for Grey! I just love the picture of him and Erin.

RE/MAX Results said...

Yeah Grey! Your macho manliness frieghtens me!

Anita said...

What a great patch and trophy! I too love the photo of Grey and Erin but I also like the one with Chad (glasses) and kids.

Stacey said...

Congrats Grey! Lookin good!

Creations By Trees said...

Congrats Grey! I am scared of your mad skills now :)