Monday, May 31, 2010

The New Orange Belt


My mom was looking for a CTR poster for her church class and she asked me to look around and see if I could find one out here. I could not...they don't seem to make them anymore. So Chad and I decided to make one for her!


I got a painters canvas from Walmart and he used painters tape to mark off the pattern.


Erin wanted to help.


When it had dried I outlined it with a paint marker and sprayed it with a clear sealer. Viola!


Saturday was the day Grey tested for his Orange Belt. We left home that morning and headed to Chad's work place to help him move his office to a new area. He starts his new job on Tuesday. We had lunch at McDonald's, then we went to Target to buy new shirts for the Koyle family picture in June.
We dropped Grey off at his dojo for his test (we are asked not to sit and watch)  and the rest of us went to the park to play.




The park sat on top of a hill and this was the view:


When we returned, it was time for Grey's new belt.


Sensai said how well Grey was doing. He didn't act goofy anymore and he was learning really fast!






We're very proud of him!!


No comments: