Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snow and the Color Green

It snowed today. . .a lot.






Erin came in once saying, "My hands are almost purple!" Yeah! That's not a good thing! I pulled out all the gloves, hats, coats, and boots that I could find. Now that we know we won't be moving to Texas I can go through our winter clothes and see what needs to be upgraded.

This morning Erin stayed home from church with me and when she realized Chad left her she went to her room and I heard her weeping and wailing, "Daddy, come home to me! Daddy come home to me!" over and over for ten minutes.

The only other thing that's happened this weekend is that I painted the kitchen. Before it was an oatmeal color and the white cabinets just kind of washed everything out. Now the green really makes the white cabinets pop. I can now also display the white glass ware that I collect.



It's kinda hard to get a good picture of the color cause the flash gets in the way but I really like it.
In other news I've started work on a new wall hanging.
A triple flower do-dad. I haven't started square 3 yet.


I also finished the stitchery and beading for a flower quilt/wall hanging I'm going to make. The flower patterns are from Ruby Short McKim in the 1920's. I have maybe 15 or 20 different flowers from her but I think a quilted four-some would be relatively quick and easy. I just love the beads, too. I wish I could get consistant pictures!!!!!


The colors are brighter, the beads are visible, and the background is almost white! Argghhh!

Oh well, maybe I'll try for a good camera for Christmas or my Birthday. Hope you have a great evening!




2 comments:

Melissa Stubbs said...

Well, y'all officially beat us. We have had no snow yet. It actually has been warmer than normal here. I'm sure it won't be too much longer! Don't you love the extra 10-15 minutes getting the kids ready to leave in the morning? UGH!!!

mcranford said...

That is crazy that you guys got that much snow. We didn't get any down in Spanish Fork, thoush we were prepared for it - it just never came.