Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Birthday #3 and Financial Peace

Remember during Lance's Birthday post about a week ago when I talked about present opening technique? Well, Grey is a peeker. He cracks it open or rips a bit and peeks. Then analyzes and opens some more. It takes longer than Lance's openings but it's easier on the picture taking!


Grey is NINE!!





Whoa! Sorry to blow your mind like that without warning! That is cake paranoia...uh, I mean panorama. Here's the normal cake picture:

Chad could only find eight small candles so he put those in and figured no one would notice

(I mean, who counts candles on their Birthday cake, right?) But as he went to find the matches he hears a newly nine year old voice say, "Hey! There's only eight candles here!" Se we added one big candle to complete our numbers. Grey chose yellow cake with white frosting with those colored chips in them. It was actually pretty good.


All of the gifts were fun (yadda, yadda) but THE gift of the evening was

LEGO INDIANA JONES for our Wii. OMG! Here's a video of the first game:





Lance just cannot stop moving when he plays the Wii. He's hit himself twice (in his own face!) with his own hand! Grey loves new territory to explore even though he's never really watched the movies. (Too scary for him. Heck, I still close my eyes for some of it!) (Hey! Lookit! My floor is clean too! Woo!) (The kids are supposed to stand on either side of the SpongeBob pillow so they don't hit each other...yeah, right.)

I can't wait till Christmas is over to show you guys some pictures of the things I made this year for family. (I don't mean that in a bad way!) We also have some pictures of the kids to post but they'll have to wait a few more days as well. Marina in Australia got the fabric and Utah calendar I sent her for Christmas and loved the desert and mountain pictures! We've had a few inches of snow now so it feels all Christmassy and the radio stations are playing carols and whatnot. (Of course, they've been doing that since OCTOBER! I hate that.) I love this time of year. And not because of the multitude of Birthdays.


So next on my list of things to share with the world in general is this:




Nucor (Chad's job) pays for the employees and their wives to attend the 12 class siminar on Financial Peace and I graduated tonight! We've completed Baby Step 1 ($1000 in savings) and we're working on Baby Step 2 (the debt Snowball). It really is a great program for getting completely out of debt, saving mucho dinero, and investing in your retirement and college educations for your kids. (Speaking of which, they have kids programs, too) Most of it is almost common sense stuff that society in general has abandoned. Check it out!


So, World in General, since your here why don't leave a comment? I have two regulars that comment all the time (Tiffany and Melissa, THANKS!) other than them I feel like I'm talking to myself. That's not bad...I talk to myself alot and these pictures and thoughts are 'for posterity, so be honest'. (Sorry, movie quote memory) As a matter of fact the first person to ID this quote (the movie and who said it) gets a free embroidered tea towel. Leave it in the comments . . . click "comments" and leave one. A comment. . .DO EET!


Here's a fun cuteoverload picture for you to end on a happy note.
"Konnichiwa! and welcome to Sushi Kennel! Our specials this week are Milk-Bone-shaped tuna, and the California Roll-Over-and-Play-Dead. May I bring you a hot towel and sake before ordering?"



I just can't stand it! LOL!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey, we're starting Dave Ramsey U in a couple of weeks!! We're totally stoked about it! cool and congrats for you!!! We've looked into it / thought about it for almost a year now and just haven't done it and finally signed up a couple of weeks ago!! Jacob's into Lego Batman & Indiana Jones right now. I forgot that you have all of these birthdays so close together!! happpy bday to you all!

Anita said...

I love all the photos. I went on line early this morning and it made my day brighter. Wish I could have been there to help Grey with all those candles! Love MOM

Kim said...

Ok so I'm not a regular comment leaver, but I am a regular blog follower! Thanks for keeping us posted on all the goings on! Happy Birthday to everyone (except Chad...we'll wait until May for that!) And Merry Christmas!!!
(oh and by the way...the quote...Princess Bride)

Anonymous said...

I am so computerly inadequate! I keep checking your blog and it always opens to the first day I accessed it which was parent teacher interview day! I kept thinking 'why doesn't Jenifer update her blog?' DDEEEERRR!!!I will now catch up on your blog entries-you have been busy. Your tree looks lovely. Tell the dog I am sorry on behalf of dog owners that make their dogs wear jumpers..lol

Melissa Stubbs said...

Happy Birthday Grey! You are almost done. An early Happy Birthday to Jenifer! Are you going to get a Wii game too??? I'm glad y'all are doing good. Wouldn't it be nice to be debt free!!! Maybe one day...We got your package yesterday, thanks! Merry Christmas!!!!