Okey-Dokey! We're back from all the Christmas gallivanting and ready to share a mega-ton of the pictures we took over the past week or so. We traveled to Colorado Springs to my sisters house, had a birthday party, had some Christmas adventures, and then Rose (my best-est, best-est buddy) and her family stopped by to visit for a bit. Needless to say I have enough pictures to choke a donkey!
I think we'll go back in time today to look at our trip to Colorado Springs, Colorado. . . (Wavy lines indicating time warp)

(Panorama! Pow!)
This is what our street looked like the morning we left. Brigham City was experiencing the first days of a mostly week long snow storm. Read: White Christmas.
So after giving the kids some new movies to watch on the road we're off!
Going from Utah through Wyoming was rough! It had been snowing on and off in Utah for several days and the highways were icy and snowy.
In Wyoming, it had stopped snowing but the wind was so strong it was blowing the old snow into storms and you had to steer sideways to go straight!
I have never been through such a cold, windy, desolate, windy, cold, windy place in my life. Did I mention windy? My mom says it's beautiful in the summer...I'll have to take her word for it...I was not impressed. (Breathless from the wind? Yes. Impressed? Only in a "People actually live in places like this?" way. Not many...but still!) The rest stop:

Notice anything in the following pictures? First, can you see the giant windmills and second, did you notice the lack of snow? Yes, no white Christmas for us. Most of the following pictures were taken from the van cause I ain't getting out to take pictures in that kind of weather! Brrrrrrr!! 


After 12 HOURS (Yahoo said 9, but in all fairness they weren't counting on the snow.) we made it to Lauren's house on the other side of Colorado Springs. Of course. . .
As it turns out you can see Pike's Peak from Lauren's front porch and one of the Extreme Makeover - Home Edition houses is across the street! (You can see their back yard from Lauren's porch too.)
The house belongs to the Woodhouse Family from episode 512 that showed on 1/13/08. It's the only house in the neighborhood that doesn't look like Lauren's!
Well, that gets us to Colorado! Soon we'll adventure in the Garden of the Gods, Lauren's Kitchen, the tortured psyche of my dog, the tortured psyche of myself (on turning 30), a Simmons Christmas, and a sad sick, twisted friendship that only Rose and I can fully comprehend!
Stay Tuned!

2 comments:
Hope you enjoyed your Christmas festivities and a Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Jenifer! I had a really hard time with 30 too! All of our snow melted too! We had a white few days before christmas, but the actual day was not too white! There was some left on the ground, but nothing falling! Well, happy new year!
Post a Comment