Friday, January 2, 2009

Gods and Family and Candy, Oh My!

So these are the nights of the 23rd and 24th. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.
The candy box...duh!


Alex and Lauren


Allison
Erin and Ammon having a "discussion".

To quote Lance, "Ahhh...root beer...the food of the gods!"


My poor Jackson spent most of Christmas break locked in a small fence in the kitchen. Turns out some of my family are dog haters. (CoughLaurenCough) Isn't that a documented personality defect? Poor puppy.




On Christina's night to make dinner she enlisted my boys to help. Grey absolutely loved it. He washed bell peppers, stirred meat, and mixed up 2 loaves of bread! Dinner was wonderful!



Erin even got in on some of the action!


Christina was an excellent teacher and is now firmly entrenched as 'Favorite Aunt'!

Chad made a super-de-duper strawberry layer cake for me.

(Strawberry cake is my Birthday tradition)



We ate almost all of it in one fell swoop!

Later that day we visited the Garden of the Gods...quite impressive. The red rocks just errupted out of the ground in the middle of Colorado Springs in this one place!





Can you tell it was a little cold?








Well, that might be too many pictures. I'll add some more soon! ;)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Looks like ya'll have been having fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! Ok--I forgot that Chad's a little MR.Chef! That cake looks super yummmy!!!!! I could eat it up in one swoop myself probably!!! Hope your b-day was great! Love ya:)