

A few days ago a whole flock of birds came to our backyard to finish off the apples still left on the groung under our tree. They sure were jumpy little things. One would jump and the rest would fly two or three feet and then resettle. Does anyone know what kid of birds these are? I knew most of the birds in South Carolina by heart and it's kinda weird not knowing any of the birds out here!

A few days of snow have led to a snow covered driveway. I like to scrape the drive clean before Chad gets home so he doesn't have a problem parking. 2 days ago the Howard kids and Grey decided to scrape it for me cause it was 'fun'. Whatever floats their boats! In about an hour there was a 4" layer recovering the drive but Chad got home before it got too bad.

Chad and Erin tromping in the snow!
Deep, huh? (maybe not compared to Vermont ;)

I opened the fridge a day ago to find 2 Doras at rest. When I asked Erin why they were

O.K. So if you've lasted this long I have a question. I want to paint my living room a lighter color. There is no overhead light and it gets prettty dark in there. The problem is that fireplace. It's a cream color now (from 1970's bright red skinny brick). If I go lighter on the walls I'll need to change the color on the fireplace, right? Also the Kitchen is green and white (which I love) but what colors go with that? I think if you click on the picture it'll get bigger. Any ideas? Inspiration pictures? Blow torches? Please! Anything??


3 comments:
Ok...I can't make the picture bigger to see the room better, but here are some ideas...
You could definitely go with a sand or taupe color on the walls - lighter, but not a stark as white! I can't see the green very well, but it looks like you can see the kitchen from the family room. If you love the green so much, another option would be to go 2 shades lighter green than the kitchen color. Hopefully your kitchen color is on a paint strip (those free things at Lowe's & Home Depot), and you can easily identify the color that is two (or more) shades lighter. You might be able to leave the fireplace as is. Or, you could go with black! It looks like you have some black accents in the room already... frames, lamps, clock, etc.
There's my 2 cents!
I think it looks great! I love the color! I am a fan of the tannish taupe color myself although I am not sure it will lighten it up much more than the goldish color you have on there now. I like Kim's idea of a couple of shades lighter in the green family. I like the cream fireplace. I think it will look good with any color wall as long as you don't paint the walls cream or white. Good luck. Let us know what you decide.
ok, so I just typed out some ideas and it didn't go through, so let me see if I can remember what I was thinking...
1-leave cream fireplace!! You could always take the color in that room two shades lighter.
2-remove those two pictures above the ottoman and replace it with one BIG picture. Go to Ross or Walmart and find one with some of the colors in the room, including white (as opposed to black). You could easily buy a picture light that you just hang above the picture. It shines down on the picture, but it's amazing how a simple light like that can make a difference.
3--the other thing I thought of was to move the bookshelf, along with the lamp, over to where the ottoman is. That will put some light in that area of the room.
If you need more enlightenment, it might be a good idea to see what martha has to say about it ..marthastewart.com good luck and tell ms. Stacey that it'd be nice to get a comment from her, at least once in this lifetime, on my blog!!
Post a Comment