Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tree, Pouting Dog


I'd like to start out this post by saying GOOD HOLY COW ! Can you believe it's only 17 days till Christmas!? Sheesh! This December is flying by way too fast!

This won't help that feeling but here is our Christmas tree going up.



Can you say "assembly line"?

Daddy would spread the branches, Lance and Erin would then pass them to Grey who would then insert them into the tree pole. He did an excellent job!
After a while Erin got board and found something else to do.


Once the top was on it was time to decorate!

I remember as a child, each year, mom would sit and unpack the ornaments one by one and we would talk about them and take turns hanging them on the tree. It was fun to do that this year with my kids.




Erin and the star!


Taa Daa!!


For the next part of this post I'll be talking about Jackson, our Miniature Schnauzer. Jackson is almost the perfect dog. He worships the ground I walk on, he plays with and tolerates the kids, and he has nothing but (unrequited) love for Chad. He does bark when someone comes to the door but what do you expect? He doesn't shed and he cleans up Erin's spills! He's remarkably even tempered (which is rare around here)!

So a few days ago I took Jackson to get his hair cut. He does really well and the ladies at Petsmart remember him and like him. Here's before and after.



I love his little schnauzer face!

So, anyway, while I was there I got a new sweater for him to wear since it's so cold. He doesn't like it.


He looks so handsome in it but he hated it so I tried on the one from last year:

Needless to say he hasn't spoken to me all morning. He's just been sitting under the tree pouting.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Our dog is huge, so the couple of sweaters I've put on him were tight...he ripped them both off and was chewing it up right in front of my face (smiling) in a matter of seconds! Your doggie is cute:) And yes, Christmas is coming all too quickly!!! Your tree looks fabulous:)

Melissa Stubbs said...

That is hilarious about Jackson! Pedro doesn't much like his sweaters either. They make his skin itch. I think this year we are going to have to go buy him those booties for his paws. It snows way too much here for them to not freeze every time he goes out! We are expected to get 6+ inches tonight and tomorrow morning! YIKES! Brrrrr!

Oh, the tree is great!