Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hola People Mine

Hola People Mine,


My computer (which is a pathetic, annoying thing) has once again eaten another power cord. So if I push it in hard and tilt it to the right and hold my mouth just so it stays powered up long enough to check my email. If I'm really lucky and the stars align I can post on my blog. Sorry for the long gaps between posts...we're trying to figure out the cheapest way to fix this machine.




Yesterday in the early A.M. it started to snow. And it snowed, and snowed, and snowed some more. In total, about 18 INCHES in one day! (The snow had completely disappeared a few days before.) It took the boys 10 minutes to slog all the way from their class rooms to my van in the pick-up parking lot. I had shoveled the driveway (around 2:30) so we could go pick them up and ended up with 2" of snow in my hair before I was done! By 5:00 when Chad got home you couldn't tell I had cleaned off the driveway. The snow on the roof kept us warm inside and it also started to slide off the roof like a glacier.



My camera takes really good night shots:

Erin's hair has finally gotten long enough (sort of) to put in pony tails and pig tails. She loves it but she plays with it until they come out. It sure is cute while it lasts!

I got some fantastic mail yesterday...a flyer for a big quilt show in Salt Lake City in May, and a book of Redwork Patterns . I've been fooling around with my decorating and I like the plants in the basket but the tray in the fireplace is too small I think. Think spring. . .

Edited: By the by, the magazine with my picture in it is out (http://www.vivalamoda.co.cc/index.html) and I also received a message saying I was featured on http://www.cuteables.com/ on March 9th.

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

Wow, Jenifer! That snow is too much! I love Erin's piggy tails and the cool stuff you got in the mail! I don't really care for the rocks in the fireplace...maybe you should try some plants or something. Good luck and you ROCK!!

marina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Stubbs said...

Wow! Vermont doesn't even look like that right now! We haven't had much snow here lately. Almost everything is gone. But, I'm not saying it will stay that way. I'm sure we will get more snow again soon. Your camera is great! I really need a new one. Ours is about to die any day now. Love Erin's pig tails! They are too cute. I'm glad y'all are good. We are just waiting for the baby...