Sunday, March 15, 2009

Improvements and/or Renovations


I have my power cord wedged into the computer with an Exacto Knife so the computer is cowering in fear but it's working, by hang! We have decided to try and sell this house. That way we can move to Logan and I can eventually start school at USU. So in preparation for our April 1st -ish listing date we've been improving on the house. I've been un-cluttering closets, dusting, scaling back on decorations and family pictures, and shuffling things around.





Ooooooo...Aaaahhhhh!

For those of you not sure what your lookin' at, this is a door. The old door had a huge hole in it from the family that lived here before us. Their kids were hellions and destroyed alot of stuff.


We've hung curtains for closet doors downstairs.



I rehung the sheers on the kitchen doors. . . I wanted to put up faux wood blinds but they are expensive and I'd rather buy them for our next house.


We (and when I say 'we' I mean Chad) took out the hideous medicine cabinet and rehung a bigger mirror.




I even cleaned off the window in my sewing room.

Before:



After:

The most coolest thing that happened this weekend, however, is that Lance lost his 1st tooth!!


Yeah, eeewwwww.

I found some stars I pieced together a few years ago whilst I was cleaning so I think I'll make some pillows for the couch. Those of you waiting for quilts and towels, don't worry...I'm finishing everything up tonight!

Next weekend Christina is coming to help me paint! I've got some nice colors and can't wait to show the after pics!

3 comments:

marina said...

Eveywhere looks lovely and organised. You can't catch the tidiness bug over the internet can you?
Congratulations to Lance on losing his first tooth!
Does the tooth fairy come to your house?

Melissa Stubbs said...

Everything is looking good! Especially the hole in Lance's mouth! Whoo Hoo! Way to go bud! That's always an exciting thing! I guess that means your growing up! I can't wait to see the paint job!

Anita said...

I am so impressed! Your home looks great. It should sell in a hurry.

Lance, you look so manly with that hole in your mouth! Great job!