Friday, April 3, 2009

Nature VS. Nurture


The cord on my laptop has given up the ghost. Let us have a moment of silence.
(Thbbbbbbtttttt....)

So anywho, sorry about the lack of posts. I'm now installed on a small bench in the boys room at their 'game' computer. It works and that's the good news. I was able to upload pics and movies, so that's good too. On to the post!

A few days ago Erin had a 'run in' with the wall.



She also got a new computer game. Lots of fun with Winnie the Pooh. (The boys get stuff too! They just don't let me take their pictures anymore...and when they run into walls it ain't cute!)



My grandmother commissioned some embroidered napkins so I've been working on those. I got the un-named pattern from an un-named friend in an un-named country on the other side of the world. (Thanks un-named friend!) I'm pretty sure grandma can't find my blog so I feel ok posting pictures! No offence, Grandma!




Today was one of those days here in Utah when I really wish I could accurately capture the colors and quality of the air around the mountains. The light is so unusual in the morning when it's 'light' outside but the sun hasn't risen above the mountain and a storm is moving through so the clouds just throw the light around. Here are my meager attempts from this morning:



So there's my contribution to literary society today!




4 comments:

marina said...

Poor Erin what a beaut bump!
You're lucky the boys let you use their computer..
The embroidery looks great in colour.
Hope your grandmas doesn't squeal.

Melissa Stubbs said...

I hope Erin is doing better. Those kinds of boo boos never are fun. But at least Pooh was there to cheer her up! Glad y'all are doing good.

Anonymous said...

Poor Erin. She needs her grandma. Anyway enjoyed the photos. Love MOM

Kim said...

Ouch! Give her a kiss from me!

The pics are great of the sun, clouds, and mountains.

Also...nice work on the napkins.

Give everyone a squeeze for us!!!