Friday, February 6, 2009

Fabric and Rain

I washed all of the fabric that Megan sent and this is what it it looked like when it emerged:

I like this stage of quilt production because ironing is fulfilling when you get such dramatic results. Dorky, I know. And I can't stand to iron clothes!? Chad always irons his own shirts.(Don't you love my pretty new ironing board cover?)
So here are the strips pre-iron and post-iron:



Then we (and when I say 'we' I mean 'me') cut them into bricks.


I've started to connect the bricks and add them to the center panel but I'm not liking it so I'm gonna do some unpicking and re-sewing. (Don't worry Megan...par for the course.)


So it's raining outside and most of the snow is gone. It'd be nice if winter was almost over but this rain will supposedly turn into snow this afternoon. You can't plant around here until after Mother's Day. Not that I plan on planting anyway; the ground is way too hard. . .it's not worth it!


Kinda been a slow week. We've decided it would be too tight to buy the land and build a house so that's kaput. It always takes me a few days to recover from reality and put my head firmly back in the clouds.

I hate reality. It's very boring.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I totally get the whole 'Ironing the quilting strips' thing! I'm the same way:) I'm sorry about the Logan Dream...but in time there will be new Dreams and they'll work out. Reality is stinky sometimes, huh?! it's been good catching up with ya!