I found a few patterns for biscornu.Here's some edumacation for ya!
Biscornu is a French adjective that means "that which has an irregular form, with projections" or "complicated and bizarre."
To a seamstress or an embroiderer, a biscornu is a tiny eight-sided embroidered pillow that can be used as a pincushion, an holiday ornament, key chain/cell phone decoration, a scissor fob, the centerpiece of a wreath, filled with flower petals or herbs to make a sachet... They're great for anything that you can think to do with a tiny cushion.
To a seamstress or an embroiderer, a biscornu is a tiny eight-sided embroidered pillow that can be used as a pincushion, an holiday ornament, key chain/cell phone decoration, a scissor fob, the centerpiece of a wreath, filled with flower petals or herbs to make a sachet... They're great for anything that you can think to do with a tiny cushion.
I started making these and couldn't stop they are sooooo cute and easy to make! I've made one for me and one for Marina in Australia and three for sale on my Etsy site.

Love It!!!
Here's a quick shot of an exhausted homecoming on a Friday night:

All of the kids were dead to the world by 8:30 and Chad and I will be following shortly. TGIF!

2 comments:
Like your pin cushions..you asked about hair on a doll, as you have noreply I couldn't answer.If you email me via my profile I will be more than happy to send you some steps.
Hey guys! I ran across your blog and was excited to see your cute family. Where are y'all living now? I haven't see y'all in years. Check our my blog and you'll see what we've been up to. Take care!
Shannon Trapp Benson
Post a Comment