Today started cold and rainy...FINALLY!!! I think it rained (rain is a gross exaggeration) twice this summer and the thing that I love best about being in Utah is the actual seasons and the change thereof! It's September and it's really fall! Unfortunately, Lance is the only kid who could find a jacket this morning. . .so that means I get to go dig in the basement for fall/winter clothes.
Since I had the camera out Erin, of course, insisted on getting her picture taken:

My mail of late has been less than exciting. It's been downright disappointing. All of you stay-at-home's know what I'm talking about. The mail is the highlight of my day! What am I gonna get?
Well, today was different! (I swear, I think the mailman just saves up the good stuff so it all comes at once.) Anywho. . . look what I got all the way from the U.K.:

WooHoo!!! These are pretty enough to be coffee table books but they have great patterns for toys, crafts, and embroidery. All from a new designer I've just discovered; Tone Finnanger from Norway. But wait!! That's not all!

Yep, that sucker says 1979. . . it's almost as old as I am. But inside is the gold! A copy of a 1923 "Santa's Parade" redwork quilt. I don't really understand why Santa's there but the rest are nursery rhyme/classic toy patterns. Best. Quilt. Ever!! I LOVE E-bay!!
O.K., so here's a look at the last big item for my Australian swap partner. I'll add a few small things but the big 3 are done! Not a bad haul, all in all.
Hope your day was filled with crafty goodness too!!


No comments:
Post a Comment